Friday, May 28, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

This week, Art Linkletter passed away at the age of 97. He leaves behind his wife of 75 years and two daughters. For those of you too young to remember him, his show was on TV when I was a boy. Here is an excerpt from his book, Kids Say the Darndest Things that was based on stuff kids said on his TV show of the same title:

Gregory, aged five, announced to me that he'd like to advertise something on the program. When I inquired about his product, he replied:

"I want to sell my sister for half price. That's fifty cents!"
"What would you do with the money?" I blandly carried on.

"Buy a baby brother that'd be some fun for a change."
"Where would you buy him?"
"From my mother, of course. She's the one who produces them all."

No comments:

Post a Comment